|Liegeplatz||Baltimore, Maryland, Vereinigte Staaten|
|Länge über alles||14.91 m|
"Eden's Gate II" is one of the most customized 43 Europa's that Grand Banks has ever crafted. Built to a knowledgeable yachtsman's specifications this original owner boat has always seen professional care and benefits from the continual light use of cruising here on the Chesapeake Bay. The boat truly shows in magnificent condition and her list of options and customizations set this boat
far apart from any other 43 Europa with features to include:
Conveniently located in Baltimore's Inner Harbor just minutes off of I-95 and only 20-25 minutes away from Baltimore Washington International (BWI) Airport. Please contact listing broker to set up an appointment to see this very special yacht today!
Layout and Accommodations
The Grand Banks 43 Europa offers a two stateroom, two head arrangement with a large salon, galley up, huge flybridge and spacious cockpit. The side decks are wide and covered and boarding is a breeze either through the port and starboard side midship gates or the transom door which leads one from the oversized teak swim platform into the covered cockpit. The flybridge is accessed via a stairway and the amount of built in seating, wetbar and full featured helm with two Stidd chairs is unmatched in boats of this size. The custom hardtop provides a minimal amount of canvas and forward curtains cut down on the breeze for piloting from above even in less than perfect weather.
Entry to the cabin is via an oversized sliding door and the owner of Eden's Gate added not only phantom roll away screens but also phantom roll away shades to both the salon and pilothouse doors. The salon feels open and bright thanks to large side windows that open as well as a three panel windshield with power vented center panel. Storage is abundant throughout the boat including deep drawer storage below the salon settee's, cabinet storage everywhere you look in the galley and both locker and drawer storage in the staterooms.
Both helms feature a top of the line electronics package custom designed and blue printed by Mid Shore Electronics in Maryland. Dual touchscreen Garmin displays, Garmin Open Array 72NM radar, Garmin color sounder, SAT Weather, AIS, SAT Radio, Engine Room, Backup and FLIR Cameras, Color Seakeeper Displays, Dual Vessel Views at each station and more!
Electronics and Navigation
The owner of "Eden's Gate" wanted to have a complete and comprehensive electronics package installed stateside and chose to have the system designed, blue printed and installed by Mid-Shore Electronics in Cambridge. The boat was taken to their facility and with no expense spared the owner came away with one of the best electronics packages (components, layout, wiring, etc.) that you will find in any boat including that of much larger yachts. The Airmar transducer was shipped to the Grand Banks factory ahead of time for a factory thru-hull installation and Grand Banks also custom built the lower teak helm station or "himalaya" to specifically accommodate dual 15" Garmin displays.
- (2) Color Seakeeper Control Displays, one at upper and lower
- (4) Garmin 8215 Color Touchscreen Displays, dual screens at upper and lower
- Garmin BlueChart g2 Vision Software for East Coast
- Garmin GMR604 xHD 72 Nautical Mile (6kw), 4 Foot Open Array Radar
- Garmin GSD24 Color Sounder Module
- Garmin Remote Controls Built Into Stidd Armrest at Upper and Lower Stations
- Garmin GXM52 XM Satellite Weather/Music Module
- AIS 600 Class B
- (1) Garmin GHS 20 Wireless VHF Radio
- (2) 8' Galaxy 5225XT, 6DB Antennas
- (4) Garmin GHS 10 VHF Radios w/ Full Control Remote Mics with Display, two each at upper and lower stations
- (2) Garmin GMI 20 Marine Instrument Displays
- Newmar NavPac NP-12 & NMEA 2000 (2nd Back Bone)
- Airman Bronze Transducer
- Fusion Marine DVD/CD, AM/FM/Sirius ready and iPod Stereo (upper)
- Fusion Full Function Wired Remote
- Fusion iPod Marine External Dock
- Tracvision M3ST SAT TV
- (3) Powder Coated, Color Cameras with 11 High Output Infra-Red LED's on Automatic Infra Red Sensor (Camera Locations: Aft Deck Overhang, Engine Room Looking Forward, Engine Room Looking Aft)
- FLIR M-Series Color Infra-Red Camera with Joystick Control
- Dual Station Stryker Searchlight
- Compass at Upper and Lower
- Digital Anchor Rode Counter at Upper and Lower
- Custom Mounted at Easier to Read Angle Dual Vessel View Displays at Upper Station
- Dual Vessel View Displays at Lower Station
- Custom Teak Helm "Himalaya" for Oversized Garmin Displays at Lower Station
- Cummins Skyhook Activation
- Zeus Joysticks at Upper and Lower
- Bow Thruster Controls at Upper and Lower
Engine Room and Mechanicals
The owner of Eden's Gate knew he wanted a gyro stabilizer and hardtop when he first started thinking about constructing a Grand Banks 43. He also didn't want the added weight of these items along with other cruising equipment to effect the performance of the boat and its versatility to cruise anywhere from displacing speeds to over 20 knots. With the help of Grand Banks (including that of Bruce Livingston) and Cummins engineering teams the solution was to go with the larger 550hp Cummins QSC 8.3L motors over the boats standard 480hp QSB 6.7L motors. The larger block motors also don't have to work so hard for comparable horsepower resulting in added longevity. Coupled with the Zeus pods, joystick and skyhook along with a factory installed bow thruster this package delivers all the power and reliability needed underway with the ease of maneuverability for docking, locks and bridges!
- Upgraded Onan 11.5kw Generator in Sound Shield (900 hours)
- 50amp Shorepower Service
- Upgraded Glendinning Cablemaster with 75ft of 50amp Cord
- Mastervolt Chargemaster 12/100-3 Battery Charger
- AGM Lifeline GPL-24T Generator Battery
- (2) AGM Lifeline GPL-4DL Engine Batteries
- (3) AGM Lifeline GPL-8DL Service and Bow Thruster Batteries
- Upgraded 50AMP Breaker for Electronics and Upgraded Wiring to Upper and Lower Helms
Deck and Construction
"Eden's Gate" was one of the most thought out and customized Grand Banks that I have had ever had the pleasure to build and sell. With several years of thought studying the 41 Europa the owner of this boat knew exactly what he wanted when the much improved 43 came out. Engineering teams from GB, Cummins and Seakeeper all contributed to building this boat with the power and stability unmatched in any other 43 Europa. Topped off with a one hundred thousand dollar plus electronics package done here stateside by a top of the line installer and a custom built hardtop with attention to detail right down to the polished welds, this is a one of a kind yacht!
I visited the Grand Banks factory to inspect and sea trial this boat prior to shipping and we have detailed drawings and build pictures that I would be happy to share with any serious parties.