THE CRANCHI STORY
Its founder, Giovanni Cranchi, originally set up Cantiere Nautico Cranchi Srl on the banks of Lake Como. In his home village, San Giovanni di Bellagio, the enterprising Giovanni opened his first workshop around 1866, even though the true date of foundation of the company is 1870, the year when it was officially registered. Originally, the company made boats on commission for fishermen and for the transport of goods and passengers.
From the 1930s to the 1960s, Giovanni Cranchi, the father of Aldo and grandson of the founder, Giovanni, bought a factory in Brienno where he built his first vessels. He had a true passion for quality and a job well done, with cleverly designed lines, great care dedicated to the selection of the materials, meticulous operating techniques and impeccable finishes. All of which contributed to make his boats truly special.
From the 1960s to the 1970s, thanks to the efforts of Aldo, the concept of today’s design emerged.
In 1970, the company had to expand, to give a new impulse to production. Because there was no room for further expansion on the lake, Aldo Cranchi identified the nearby Italian village of Valtellina as the ideal place to base his new operations.
Aldo Cranchi, who represents the 4th generation, set up the company in Piantedo in 1970 with Tullio Monzino.