Lola was built as a canal cruiser for the waterways of mainland Europe. The design allows the vessel to function very well as a houseboat, with the option of cruising on the sea or inland. For much of the year, the boat can operate off-grid. The vessel is being offered for sale as a houseboat, currently moored on the River Arun at Littlehampton. In effect, Lola is a 2 bedroom apartment on the river, at a fraction of the cost of a conventional lifestyle. Moorings, insurance and harbour fees currently under £5000pa. Pontoon is within secured boatyard with shoreside toilets, showers and laundry facilities. To view or for more info, email email@example.com
The internal accommodation:
- bow cabin: 2 single berths & en-suite toilet & wet room with shower & wash basin. Fan heater
- Galley with 2 ring induction hob, fridge & combination microwave oven, + stainless steel sink & extractor fan.
- dining area seating 5, affording views all around the vessel
- lounge/saloon area with L shape seating - converts into single/narrow dble bed. Main helm seat with console, inc dual high definition monitors and industrial PC. Satellite/terrestrial TV facing lounge seating. Electric fan heater
- Aft cabin with fixed single & moveable single beds, usable as dble/twin. Electric fan heater. En-suite bathroom/wetroom with shower, heads and basin.
Externally, the aft deck has a bench seat and a spray hood that provides an additional 'room' for storage. Upper helm controls are within this area, allowing vessel to be controlled from either of the 2 helm positions. Coach roof above saloon is fitted with a 7.2 sqm, 1020 Wp, solar array. In order to maximise the output of the array, panels are mounted on hinged frame which can tilt forward or either side.
Summary of Technical Details:
- General description: Hard chine steel construction, with forward cabin, galley, raised wheelhouse over the engine room and aft cabin.
LOA 12.6m (including stern platform)
- Beam 3.8 m, Draught 1.3m, Air draught 3.6m min
- Displacement 20 tonnes approx
- Hull plating 5mm. Internal bulkheads 4/5mm. Keel plates 10mm sides and baffles, 12.5mm base
- Electric propulsion: 2 x Sillette stern drives, driven by Lynch motors of 7kW peak output
- Diesel propulsion: Kubota V2203 51HP 4 cyl engine driving 4 blade central propeller through hydraulic pump and outdrive motor.
- Hydraulic steering
- Insulation 50mm sprayed foam plus 50mm Thinsulate quilt and aluminium bubble insulation
- Fuel tanks, HDPE 2 x 260L.
- Fresh water tanks HDPE 2 x 260L.
- spring-retract hosereel for fresh water filling
- Black & grey water tanks, grey water flush to heads.
- Calorifier heated by generator coolant or immersion heater
- Internal painting: Jotun Jotamastic epoxy
- External painting: Exterior grit blasted and sprayed with blast primer, then Jotamastic primer, airless sprayed, followed by Jotun vinyl Flexicoat.
- High quality anti-fouling
- Pin anchors at bow & stern, with attachment points for electric winches
- Keel cooling using slim compartment in one side of box keel. Remainder of keel vented to sea with facility to blow water out to reduce draught
- Scantling calculations in 2013 confirmed structure compliant BS EN ISO 12215-5:2008 Cat A.
- Certificated in 2018 as exempt from complying with the RCD
- Angle of Vanishing Stability 128 degrees (calculated from CAD model and confirmed by inclining tests). Stability calculations including hydrostatics, inclining test & GZ curves were carried out in 2013. These calculations available as a separate stability information booklet.
- Bow & stern water jet thrusters, supplied by hydraulically driven pump rated at 100 cu.m/hr at 3 bar. Control by joystick on dashboard & handheld radio control unit & air operated pinch valves.
- Aluminium mast carrying antennae, anemometer, Sea Me target enhancer and wide angle CCTV camera. Mast can be lowered to horizontal for transit under low bridges.
- Internal & external helm positions
- wind generator on telescopic mast at stern
- Compass, log, depth and wind instruments by NASA
- Garmin GPS & fishfinder
- Firetrace extinguisher system in engine room and battery locker
- Delta anchor with Leroy Somer windlass. Chain/rope rode 12/50m
- Generator SDMO 6kVA with keel cooling system, connected to dry exhaust
- 13A sockets & LED lighting throughout
- sound system with CD and USB player & FM
- dual marine VHF transceivers
- Victron Quattro inverter, 10kVA, providing 140A max charging to 48v battery banks of 800Ah
- 32A shore power connection through Victron isolating transformer
- 24V batteries 240Ah & charger
- 12V engine battery & charger
- Industrial PC for navigation/chart plotter. Two 19 inch HDMI monitors, plus a third which doubles as TV
- metering of power and cumulative energy on each motor, shore power, & domestic 230v distribution.
- all pipes and cables labelled and documented
- all manuals and drawings included