|Länge über alles||15.42 m|
|Min. Tiefgang||0.98 m|
|Motoren - Standort||Backbord|
|Motoren - Standort||Steuerbord|
The newest of the semi-custom Maxi Dolphin MD51 series to designs by Roberto Starkel. Configured for weekender duties with a supremely practical interior and cockpit configuration. Effortlessly stylish, seriously fun and very very quick!
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Maxi Dolphin MD51 GIOIA is the perfect ‘do it all’ performance power yacht for those seeking the very finest in Italian design, construction and technology. A stunning mix of composite construction, ultra-efficient and easily-controlled diesel engines, all wrapped up in mesmerising metallic grey paint, teak and carbon fibre.
GIOIA is one of a series of these Starkel-designed semi-custom masterpieces. configured to be used as either a weekender or a superyacht tender/shuttle, she has a very practical interior and luxurious guest spaces both on deck and below.
Her specification highlights include:-
- Volvo IPS600 drive system with twin 435hp diesels and joystick control
- Metallic topsides with carbon fibre inserts and exterior styling
- Teak laid cockpit sole
- Two cabins interior and two heads layout
- Excellent galley facilities
- Air conditioning system 18.000 BTU
- Generator for 220vAC supply at anchor
- Watermaker 100 l/h
- Larger hard top version
- Additional fridge in the cockpit
- Additional galley in the cockpit
- Volvo Penta Automatic interceptor system
Lightly used with minimal hours run, GIOIA would be make the ideal superyacht tender or weekender for those who value usable space over sleeping cabins.
The Maxi Dolphin MD51 is a motor yacht that capitalizes on Maxi Dolphin’ s expertise in building sailing yachts: the use of composite materials, the application of advanced construction technologies, and the design of hulls with excellent hydrodynamic efficiency. Its project is signed by Roberto Starkel.
A super-modern mega-tender yet of retro inspiration. The shape, based on the motorboats style of the ’30s, makes a contrast with today’s high-tech materials: the entire boat is built using SP System’s Sprint vacuum resin infusion process technology, that allows to achieve extreme strength and unmatched lightness.
The engines are masterpieces of technology: the MD51 has two 435-HP Volvo Penta IPS 600 engines. IPS (Inboard Performance System) is a revolutionary propulsion system developed by Volvo Penta. Its specially positioned propellers greatly enhance the system efficiency, offering higher top speed, as well as increased acceleration and overall performance. Moreover, thanks to the significant reduction in fuel consumption, the cruising range increases significantly Car-like maneuverability gives perfect handling at high speed, while the Volvo Penta joystick system permit very easy docking. Engine noise and vibrations at minimum level and lack of exhaust fumes contribute to the great comfort on board.
The Maxi Dolphin MD 51 is conceived with emphasis on eco-sustainability: its lightness, combined with the optimization of the hull design, allow to mount engines with smaller power than on similar size boats. For this reason, performances being equal, MD51 is able to achieve very low fuel consumption (just over 100 l/h at cruising speed), extended fuel range (340 M at cruising speed), and greatly reduces CO2 emissions.
For this specific yacht Maxi Dolphin has developed the first Apple I-Pad applications to control the boat’s electric/electronic devices and utilities, as well as the entertainment system. The I-Pad becomes a high-tech remote, that via WiFi, allows to control and operate all the boat’s functions (except engine, for safety reasons).
The use of CAN-bus technology has contributed to weight reduction, thanks to the elimination of large cables.
Utmost elegance, use of the most advanced technologies and of the new project visions in the continuous search for beauty: this is the course followed by Maxi Dolphin since 1987.
"Beauty? It’s something that makes you feel good, therefore something very individual. To me it means order, harmony and sharing. No beautiful thing makes sense if you cannot share it with others". With this vision, along with his passion for the sea, boats and nature, in 1987 Vittorio Moretti created the Maxi Dolphin boatyard. The first boat built by Maxi Dolphin was the 73ft CARMEN DI BELLAVISTA, designed by Bruce Farr, followed by the maxi 118 ft VIRIELLA, designed by Germán Frers. Two boats built according to that search for innovation, which is the basis of the Moretti Group, operating not only in the boating sector, but also in that of industrialized building , as well as in the top class enological, hotel and catering sectors.
A long number of sailing boats followed CARMEN DI BELLAVISTA and VIRIELLA: standard monotypes (over 300 produced Dolphin 81) and from 75 to 100 ft One-Off sailing boats, the outcome of the cooperation with the main yacht designers.
Roberto Starkel, Germán Frers, Bruce Farr, Luca Brenta Design, Bill Tripp, Finot-Conq are some of the designers for Maxi Dolphin, which in 2007 launched the MD Power: an innovative line of motor yachts, built using the same technologies of sailers and applying the same concept of custom-made, the real hallmark of all Maxi Dolphin boats.
- Our understanding is that the vessel complies with RCD CE Certification – B (Offshore)
- Hull constructed in female mould using GRP and pre-preg epoxy with Corecell core.
- Hull vacuum infused using SP Systems Sprint technology
- Topsides spray painted in triple-layer grey metallic paint
- Exposed carbon fibre inserts to hull sides and carbon fibre bowplate.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Deck constructed in female mould using carbon fibre and pre-preg epoxy with Corecell core.
- Deck vacuum infused using SP Systems Sprint technology
- Deck and cockpit mouldings spray painted in triple-layer blue metallic paint
- Teak laid foredeck, cockpit sole and bathing platform
Engine & gearbox:
- 2x Volvo IPS600 turbo and compressor common rail diesel engines (based on Volvo D6) producing 435hp each at 3,500rpm
- Fresh water engine cooling via raw water intake and heat exchanger
- IPS drive legs with electronic vessel control
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours – approx. 350 as of February 2020
- Cruising speed – approx. 30 knots
- Maximum speed – approx. 38 knots
- Fuel economy at cruising speed – approx. 110lph
- Range at cruising speed – approx. 340Nm
Propulsion & Steering:
- Steering via IPS legs through steering wheel and electronic steering or via joystick for close-quarters manoeuvring
- 4-bladed Duoprops on IPS legs
- Lenco trim-tabs with electro-hydraulic controls
- 24vDC domestic and starting circuits with 220vAC via shorepower or generator.
- Electrical systems with CAN-bus system for added weight savings and simplicity
- 2x 80Ah 12vDC engine start batteries
- 6x 130Ah 12vDC service batteries joined in parallel and series to provide 390Ah @ 24vDC
- 1x 80Ah 12vDC generator start battery
Charging / Inverter:
- Victron Centaur 80Amp 24vDC automatic battery charger
- Victron Blue Power 10Amp 12vDC automatic battery charger
- Victron Phoenix Compact 24/1600 1,600w inverter
- Kohler 10.4kw generator
- 115Amp engine mounted alternators
- 220vAC shorepower system
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- Pressurised fresh water supply via 24vDC pressure pump
- Hot water produced via engine driven calorifier or via 220vAC immersion heater element in well-insulated hot water storage tank 60 litres
- Cockpit shower
- 4x Electric bilge pumps with 14000 l/h
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit
- 1,350 litres fuel capacity
- 300 litres fresh water capacity
- Black water holding tank
- 100 l/hour water maker
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Raymarine colour GPS chartplotter
- LCD screen connected to Domotic control system
- Raymarine P70RS autopilot control
- Volvo Penta control.
- Radar antenna 48NM
- Raymarine Ray 260 VHF with DSC
- Techimpex Crystal 2 220vAC induction hob with 2 cooking zones
- Extraction fan
- 220vAC Coffee machine
- Alpes stainless steel sink with hot & cold pressurised supply
- Frigonautica stainless steel front opening 100 litre fridge
- Frigonautica stainless steel ice maker
- Frigonautica 40 litre basket freezer
- Microwave oven
- Miele dishwasher
- Tecma 24vDC electric freshwater flush heads
- Hot & pressurised water supplies to heads
Heating & Ventilation:
- 220vAC air-conditioning system with additional exterior outlets in cockpit
Cockpit Domestic Equipment
- 60 litre front-opening stainless steel refrigerator
Summary of Accommodation:
- Two berths in converting saloon plus additional crew cabin. Guest heads and shower. Crew heads.
- White laminate and panelled finish with contrasting brown leather panels and flooring
- Stainless steel galley counters
- Carbon fibre heads counters
- Wood insert to saloon table
- White leather upholstery and cushions
- LED lighting throughout
Accommodation layout from Forward:
- GIOIA is configured to be used as either a weekender or a superyacht tender/shuttle.
- The vessel has a large open-plan saloon with U-shaped settee and bench seating forward. An electronically height-adjustable saloon table allows conversion to a large double berth/day bed.
- Aft to starboard is a large heads compartment with dedicated shower cubicle, easily accessed from companionway steps.
- Aft to port is the linear galley with stainless steel counters and inset induction hob.
- 2x safe boxes within interior
- A garage tender is accessible with with electro hydraulic open transom
- Fusion Radio IP700 Ipod and Bluetooth system with 4 speakers
- The cockpit bench seating to port and starboard suitable for up to 12 guests.
- Electro-hydraulically controlled teak laid cockpit floor dropping to access to the garage tender
- Custom MD steering wheel
- Joystick for manoeuvring
- Induction hob with 2 cooking zones and sink
- Custom carbon fibre mast for antennas
- Underwater LED lighting at stern
- Custom double deckhead hatch on flush foredeck
- Carbon fibre and stainless steel grab rails
- Large electro hydraulic foldable bathing platform accessed via transom door
- Cockpit shower
- Garage tender
- Electro hydraulic folding passerelle
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Lewmar V4 24vDC 2,000w reversing anchor windlass
- 25kgs Delta anchor with chain
- Electro hydraulic folding anchor system
- Mooring equipment
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Grabau International (Italia) offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International (Italia) provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Dedicated client accounts provided by stakeholder Grabau International Limited are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.