|Typ||39 MK II|
|Liegeplatz||Everett, Washington, Vereinigte Staaten|
|Länge über alles||11.89 m|
|Segelfläche gesamt||719 ft²|
|Treibstoffstanks||1 x 55 gal|
|Frischwassertanks||1 x 90 gal|
|Fäkalientanks||1 x 26 gal|
Well-kept Vessel, Outfitted for Racing and Cruising!
As one reviewer put it (John Kretschmer, 2008 in Sailing Magazine) - The Cal 39 is a very sweet sailing boat, at home in blue water or knocking about the bay. Many 39s have been retrofit into serious cruisers and owners rave about the seakindly motion and good turn of speed. The powerful hull shape can carry sail in a blow and can also be loaded up with stores without sacrificing too much performance.
Mistral fits this description well. Her owner of 25 years has made a variety of improvements, including:
- New electronics 2018
- New running rigging (last 2 years)
- New forestay and backstay with hydraulic adjuster
- New batteries (all within last 4 years)
- New self-tailing deck winches
- All LED lights (even the masthead tri-color)
- New Storm Track from Tides Marine on the keel-stepped mast, with new batt cars on 4-year old mainsail with full battens and 2 reef points
- Garhauer rigid boom vang and cockpit-controlled headsail track fair leads
- New electrical panel (2004)
- New Frig-O-Boat freezer/refrigerator (2 compartments, side-by-side)
- Lofrans Anchor Windlass (2014)
- Dripless Shaft
- New lifelines, masthead sheaves, and outhaul system (in-boom)
- 3-blade fixed bronze prop in place now, with 2-blade folding prop for racing
Important Mechanical Systems include:
- 45-lb CQR type anchor with 75' 5/16 H/T chain and 200+ feet of 5/8" 3-strand rode
- Danforth Secondary anchor at the bow
- Lofrans Project 1000 Windlass with Power Up and Down controls at the windlass and at the helm
- 1995 rebuild on Perkins 4108 diesel (50 HP), now showing 1800 engine hours
- Oil Pumpout System
- Magnum 2000-watt Inverter with 4 6-volt House batteries (lead acid) and 1 Group 27 Start Battery (lead acid)
In terms of Sailing gear and equipment, Mistral offers:
- 3 headsails (110, 130, 140) on Harken Roller Furling
- 3 Spinnakers (one is Asymmetrical) with Spinnaker Pole, Whisker Pole, and Reaching Strut
- New Rope Clutches and Sheet Stoppers on deck with Anderson ST winches
- Barient 32's a (2-speed) for primaries and smaller Barients as secondary winches
- New boom cover and custom Lazy Jacks
Down below, the Cal 39 is comfortable, spacious, and practical. A large salon includes a re-designed folding main table, port and starboard settees with fold-up backrests to expose a large sleeping berth on each side, and a U-shaped galley with plenty of counter space, double-compartment frig/freezer, 3-burner propane stove/oven, and deep sink with manual-pump saltwater complementing H/C pressure water.
Heating systems include built-in 110V with thermostat, Red-Dot heat off the engine, and a 2-year old Dickinson 1200 bulkhead-mounted propane heater. A Panasonic AM/FM/Cassette/CD deck feeds both salon speakers and cockpit speakers, with a 6-CD Changer as well.
The holding tank holds 26 gallons, with manual Y-valve pump-out option. The spacious head with shower can be accessed via door opening to the salon or a second door to the forward stateroom.
This seller will consider a sub-let on the Everett Marina slip to the new owner. There are many spare parts included with the sale. A small solar panel is stored below-decks, deployed at anchor with installed Controller. This owner obtained all required SS frame ribs for making a custom dodger for the boat, as well as the Sunbrella fabric. Various canvas vendors have quoted a discounted price to build the dodger, given the availability of these components.
Built tough, the Cal 39's have stood the test of time in many ways, gaining new fans every year, as the design delivers excellent performance in all aspects. Don't delay, give us a call or email to schedule an appointment to view!
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.