|Liegeplatz||Tortola, Britische Jungferninseln|
|Länge über alles||12.19 m|
|Länge an der Wasserlinie||10.19 m|
|Min. Tiefgang||1.83 m|
|Treibstoffstanks||1 x 67 gal|
|Frischwassertanks||2 x 125 gal|
The Passport 40 has always been considered to be one of Robert Perry's most popular designs. Produced from 1980 through 1991, some 150 of these fine yachts were built and earned a reputation for being a comfortable offshore cruising yacht. These Passport 40's are highly sought after by people looking for good performance, excellent livability, supreme seaworthiness all while not too big to handle.
This particular Passport 40 series is Hull #138 and currently located in the BVI but spent the majority of her life in a freshwater environment in the Great Lakes until late 2005 when the then owners decided to do some blue water cruising and made their way down to the Caribbean. This vessel recently underwent an extensive refit by her current owner who happens to own one of the best yacht management companies in the BVI. (B&G Marine Services) All photos on the listing were taken within the last month and yes she is as nice as she looks in the photos! Likely one of the nicest Passport 40's on the market today. 100% turn key and ready to take you to the far corners of the globe safely and comfortably.
Maintenance and upgrades completed within the last 2 years;
- Full bottom job. Strip, epoxy barrier coat, & antifouling
- Sand and paint hull sides w/ Flag Blue Awlgrip & white double boot stripe
- All stainless rubrails, stanchions, swimladder removed and polished & re-installed w/ new fasteners
- Faired and new Awlgrip paint job on deck and cabin top
- All new non-skid on the decks
- New Sunbrella bimini & New frame
- Removed mast, repaired or replaced all rigging attachment points, polished all and installed with new hardware
- Inspected and cleaned all standing rigging
- Sanded and painted mast and boom
- Rewired mast, installed new LED combo deck/steaming light
- New VHF antenna
- New chain plates
- New genoa with matching sunbrella sun shield
- New cradle cover
- Mainsail serviced by loft. fully battened main in excellent condition
- Installed new formica surface around entire galley
- 330 watt solar panel across dinghy davits
- (2) New 4D Lifeline AGM batteries
- Replaced all thru hulls
- Painted all bilge spaces
- New Mastervolt battery monitor system
- Varnish work throughout interior as needed
- Removed Perkins Bowman engine and installed a rebuilt Yanmar 4JH
- Upgraded exhaust system
- Replacing shaft seal with PSS dripless seal
- Garmin touch screen chart plotter and radar at helm in pod
- Autopilot and VHF in cockpit
- And more...
This Passport 40 has the large pullman berth layout with head and shower in the bow. The main saloon features a wrap-around "U" shaped dinette to port with a drop down table that converts to a generous sleeping area that is nice to have while under way, and a straight settee to starboard.
The galley is to port of the companionway and has the abundant storage and large amounts of counter space for which the Passport 40's are known for. To starboard of the galley is the forward facing nav station. Just aft of the nav station is a head that can also be used as a large hanging locker. Aft to starboard is a double berth guest cabin, with 2 opening ports.
The teak joinery is exceptional and is in great condition with a warm, polished glow. The overhead white painted teak staving gives an open, airy feeling to the boat. There is excellent headroom. There are 4 opening hatches that keep the vessel nicely ventilated, fans in all areas for those still nights in the harbor.
Kismet has the large Pullman berth layout with head and shower in the bow. The main saloon includes a wrap-around "U" shaped dinette to port with a drop down table that converts to a sleeping area, and a straight settee to starboard. The galley is to port of the companionway and has the abundant storage and large amounts of counter space for which the Passport 40's are known.
To starboard is the forward facing nav station. Just aft of the nav station is the quarter cabin with large hanging locker and plumbing for installation of optional sea head. This double berth guest cabin is aft in the starboard quarter, with 2 opening ports.
The teak joinery is exceptional and is in excellent condition with a warm, polished glow. The overhead white painted teak staving gives an open, airy feeling to the boat. There is excellent headroom. Kismet has 4 opening hatches, fans in all areas and is comfortable to live aboard.
Mechanical and Electrical
Navigation and Communication Electronics
At Nav Station:
Sails,Rigging & canvas
Work completed in 2020:
Deck and Hull Equipment
- ALL NEW flag blue Awlgrip Topsides w/ double white boot stripe & gold cove stripe line
- New Awlgrip deck paint & nonskid
- Teak cap rail.
- Teak rub rail with SS striker.
- Teak & SS Boom Gallow
- Folding cockpit table w/ cup holders
- SS stern ladder.
- (6) SS fairleads in high bulwarks.
- (8) large SS mooring cleats.
- SS granny Bars
- (10)SS 'Hood' opening portlights.
- (2) Large opening hatches
- (2) Smaller Deck hatches
- SS bow roller.
- (5) SS cowl vents
- Teak trim on cabin top
- Teak Grab rails on cabin top
- Two sets of Companionway doors, sliding and hinged
- Double lifelines, vinyl coated
- Delta 55# primary anchor with 300' or 3/8" G40 chain
- and 80' 5/8" 3 strand
- Fortress F-23 with chain lead and 250' 5/8" rode
- 45# CQR-type spare
- Maxwell 1200 electric windlass w/foot switches
- Edson Deluxe Fixed Tower Radar Platform with GPS & VHF brackets, heavy duty crane and outboard lifting unit
- White poly stern rail outboard motor mount.
- Kato SS heavy duty dinghy davits
- 330 watt solar panel across davits
- Blue Sky Charge Controller
- Interprotect 2000 Epoxy barrier coat on bottom Sea Hawk Island 44 antifouling (2020)
- All through hole fittings replaced NEW (2020)
- All new formica countertop surfaces (2020)
- Double SS sink with New faucet
- Salt water and fresh water foot pumps at sink.
- 6 gallon water heater (engine or AC electric).
- Refrigerator: FridgOboat Front and top opening
- Freezer: FridgOboat top opening
- Force 10 3 burner propane stove with oven and broiler
- 2 20# composite propane cylinders with regulator
- Custom teak roll-up door on bread locker
- Throwable Life Ring
- Pack of 4 lifejackets
- (2) Offshore safety harnesses
- Foul Weather Gear
- Fire Extinguisher
Ab aluminum Dinghy w/ Tohatsu 9.8 2 stroke outboard
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Additional Units Included
- 2015 AB Inflatables 9.5 AL