|Liegeplatz||Nanny Cay, Britische Jungferninseln|
|Länge über alles||15.34 m|
|Länge an der Wasserlinie||11.89 m|
|Min. Tiefgang||1.52 m|
|Treibstoffstanks||2 x 150 gal|
|Frischwassertanks||2 x 170 gal|
Rarely does a classic of this pedigree come on the market in such upgraded and well-maintained condition and at such a bargain price. Don't miss this chance to own a true piece of sailing history.
With her powerful engine and efficient, easy to handle sail plan, 'Agape' is a joy to experience underway. Below decks she is sumptuous and elegant with private accommodations for six to eight and a galley that is both easy to work in underway and is well out of the traffic flow with more than adequate counterspace and storage.
Never mind that she receives compliments everywhere she goes, the best thing is how an Alden sails! Certainly a head turner, and likely one of the most beautiful American yacht designs ever built, the Alden 50 without a doubt sits firmly at the very pinnacle of quality of construction as well. A once in a lifetime type of vessel that was custom built in 1990 , to the tune of (adjusted for inflation) $1.3 Million. With her incredible solid wood cabinetry and highest quality hardware, this is vessel that would be difficult to impossible to reproduce today. She has crossed the Atlantic three times, sailed around the world and made multiple passages between the east coast of the US and the Caribbean islands.
Some areas of delamination were recently found in the wetted surfaces of the vessel. There were also concerns with the keel bolts due to some seepage from the seam where the ballast keel meets the keel stub. The owners have since had the bottom stripped of it's antifouling to further inspect and make a plan to correct these issues. The management company found that there was access to the forward keel bolt in question and were able to remove it for inspection. The surveyor confirmed that it was NOT jeopardized and they have recently replaced it new and have begun to fill and fair the seam where the keel meets the hull. This vessel will be fully capable of splashing and going sailing but the owner understands the issues that have been pointed out and has prepared for a reduction in price to motivate a sale.
Contact me today for a quote by BVI Painters, one of the best marine contractors in Nanny Cay Marina with 20+ years of fiberglass repair experience. Instead of stripping glass to correct the delamination areas that have been pointed out, Eldred, the owner of BVI Painters, has proposed to fill any voids they find with slow curing epoxy filler. This will significantly reduce the cost of the repairs opposed to stripping perfectly good glass, filling and re-glassing etc. Eldred confirmed that he has used this technique in the past with great results while significantly reducing the cost of the repairs. I also personally spoke to Bill Bailey, owner/Senior surveyor at Caribbean Marine Surveyors and he confirmed that this would be a good way to correct these delamination issues.
The vessel is currently on the hard here in Nanny Cay Marina where any repairs can be carried out. Still looking beautiful despite the bare bottom and the work that has been recommended to be done before it is splashed. The owners have commissioned the keel bolt replacement new and the seam filled and faired so if a new buyer wanted to put bottom paint on and go sailing this would be possible. They have also confirmed that they will not be taking on the full project and will be looking to make a deal with someone that would like to carry on the vessel's legacy.
Here at BVI Yacht Sales we believe the only way to sell a boat is 100% full disclosure of any issues. Contact me today for current photos of the vessel with the bottom paint stripped. I would even be happy to do a live video chat so you can see the vessel as she sits today here at Nanny Cay Marina, Tortola, BVI.
The owner has told us to go ahead and reduce the asking price to $149k to offset the cost of repairs and help motivate a sale.
- Center Cockpit with dual Walk-through Passageways below Decks
- V Berth forward with Filler to make a large Double. Ensuite Head with Shower and new Toilet, large Hanging Locker, Cabinets and Drawers
- Main Salon features Folding Solid Top inlayed Centerline Table with Storage inside and two Swivel Arm Chairs to Starboard with a Tan Leather L-shaped Settee to Port, Copious Storage behind and under as well as Storage under the Solid Traditional Teak and Holly (not Teak on Ply) Cabin Sole.
- Proper Full Size, fully outfitted Navigation Station at the Starboard Aft Area of the Main Cabin
- Galley is to port with Deep Stainless Steel Centerline sinks and Cabinets inboard, opposite is a (4) Burner Gimbaled Stove with Oven and Broiler and a Front and Top Opening Coldplate Refrigerator and an additional Top Opening dual Cold Plate Deep Freezer. Cabinets and Draws are Outboard and below the off-white Corian countertops.
- To starboard is a Walk-through Cabin with two good size Bunk Beds with Storage below and drawers and a Hanging Locker
- The Master Cabin is all the Way Aft with a full Queen Size Centerline Double Berth and Cabinets and Drawers and a Hanging Locker with Shelving
- There is a second Head with a Separate Shower Stall between the Galley and the Aft Cabin which can act as an additional Passageway Aft
- Berth length and width - 78"L x 90"W (at head)
- Headroom 6'5 1/2"
- Headroom: 6'5 1/2" - 6'7"
- Headroom: 6'7" forward to 6'2" aft
- Berths - top: 29" x 81", bottom: 39' x 81".
- Headroom: 6'4"
- Bed: 78" L by 61" W;
- Headroom 6' 1"
Galley and Water Systems
- Stove, Mariner, (4) Burner with Ceramic Broiler in Oven
- Refrigeration Systems
- 110 Volt AC Powered Grunert, Fridge and Freezer, (3) SS Holding Plate AC Refrigeration Model 75W
- 12 Volt DC Adler Barbour Cold Machine (New April 2019)
- Engine Drive System by Grunert (All (3) cold Plates have Dual Cooling Ports)
- Kenmore Digital Microwave Oven
- SS Water heater, 10 Gallons operates on both Engine and 120v AC
- ParMax5 Pressure Water Pump
- Watermaker: Sunpure 12V 10 GPH (New April 2019)
- Deck Shower, Aft, hot & cold Water
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Danforth Constellation 6" Compass with Deviation Card
- Raymarine ST70 Speedo with Airmar Transducer, Model ST600
- Raymarine ST 60 Wind Indicator with Masthead Transducer (New 2019)
- RaymarineST60 Multi Repeaters at Nav Station and in Aft Cabin at the Captains Berth
- Radar Scanner, DRS4D installed (NEW 2019)
- Navigation Station Display, Furuno NavNet MFD12 Chart Plotter/Radar
- Cockpit Display, Furuno NavNet MFD8 Chart Plotter/Radar
- AIS Receiver, Furuno FA30, interfaced to both Chart Plotters
- Hard Mounted Category 1 (406) Epirb (New 2019)
- Ethernet Switch, D-Link DSS-8
- VHF Radio, Standard Horizon GX2320
- SSB, Icom M710 with T130 Automatic Tuner and new Shakespeare Multi Band whip Antennae (Ant. requires Installation)
- Stereo, AM/FM CD Stereo System, Pioneer KEH P690
- Speakers (2) below Deck, Plugs for Cockpit Speakers installed
- Diesel Generator Westerbeke 8BTW 8 KW (Generator installed new 1996) 120v (Major servicing 2016 - 889 Hours on meter)
- Battery Charger, Promariner model ProMatic 50-3
- Batteries, Ship Battery Bank, (4) 125 Amp hour Trojan 6V Volt Batteries (New January 2019)
- Battery, Main Propulsion Engine Starting Battery, 115 Amp Hr (New February 2019)
- Battery, Generator Starting Battery, 105 Amp Hr (New February 2019)
- Inverter, Xantrex SW 3000 pure Sine Wave Inverter / 150 Amp Charger for rapid recharging under generator or shore power, with Digital Control Module (installed new 2014)
- 590 Watt Solar Array with Hyundai Rigid Panels on Sturdy Aluminum Stern Arch (installed new March 2019)
- Victron MPPT 100/50 Smart Solar Controller with Bluetooth Monitoring Function (New March 2019)
- Air Conditioning (Forward), Marine Air 16,000 BTU
- Air Conditioning (Aft), Marine Air model 8,000 BTU
- Interior Dome Lights with dual red/white Halogen Bulbs (red) and LED Bulbs (white)
- Danish Reading Lights and Custom Rope Light Mood Lighting plus Automatic Interior Lights in many of the Lockers and in the Fridge and Freezer
- AC Input, (2) 30 Amp Ship's Service with Breakers at Inlets per ABYC
- Power cords, (2) 50", (1) 25"
- 50 amp Isolation and Step Down Transformer, Olsun Electrics Company Converts and/or isolates from 220/240 to 110/120
- Power Adapters for Europe and NZ
Deck and Hull Details
- Navtec hydraulically operated neutrally buoyant centerboard. (New pivot pin and major servicing, 2015)
- Anchor Windlass, Maxwell VWC 3500 Watt with up and down Controls at Bow and at Helm
- Deck Washdown Pump and Hose
- Vetus 8KW Bow Thruster (serviced Jan. 2019)
- Anchor - SL Claw 66lb with 400" 3/8 Chain
- Anchor, Danforth 35 lbs with Chain and Rode
- Anchor, Paul Luke Fisherman Style, 75lbs with heavy Rode
- Dodger with removeable Window Panels (Good Condition)
- Bimini -with removable clear Side Curtains and Aft Curtain as well as a complete Insect Screen Enclosure (Good Condition)
- Cockpit can be completely enclosed with Clear Plastic Curtains or Insect Screens
- Custom white Vinyl Cockpit Cushions and Semi Rigid Backs
- Cockpit Table, Teak, AFI, Folding, with Fiddles
- Complete Deck (3) Piece Awning of Textilene
- Dinghy, Inflatable, 10', AB VS (New 2014)
- Outboard Engine, Mapi 15 HP Two Stroke (New 2014)
- (5) Fenders, (4) with Covers
- Fender Boards (2)
- Custom Complete Sunbrella Covers for Toe Rails, Rub Rails, Dorade Boxes, Handrails and Cockpit Brightwork (All in very good Condition)
- (4) Winch Handles
- (4) Snatch Blocks
- Bosuns Chair
- LP Gas Tanks, (2) 20 Lb, Aluminum
- Jack Lines in Cockpit/Deck (2008)
- Safety Harnesses, Model 38AH
- (2) Type 'V' Vests
- (4) Type 1 Vests
- MOB Pole on Backstay
- MOB Light (2018)
- Horseshoe Life Ring on Stern Pulpit
- Viking Marine Seasafe (8) Person Liferaft (next Service due September 2019)
- ACR Category 1 Self Deploying GPS (New March 2019)
- LED Masthead Tricolor, Anchor Light and Strobe Light at Masthead (New February 2019)
- Ladder, Custom Folding Stainless Steel with Teak Steps
- Garhauer Outboard Motor Lifting Davit
- Numerous Docklines and Springs
- Extra Anchor Rodes
- Snubber Line with Chain Hook
- Numerous Spare Parts and a large Selection of Fasteners, Electrical Spares (Thousands of Dollars worth of Tools and Parts for many of the Vessel's Systems)
- Propane BBQ
Sails and Rigging
- Hood Electric and Manual In-mast Furling Mast refurbished and new Awlgrip (installed February 2019)
- Profurl C430 Roller Furling for Jib (New February 2019)
- Profurl Furler for Staysail
- All new Tangs and Bolts on Mast (February 2019)
- All new Standing Rigging and new Turnbuckles (February 2019) ,12mm Forestay and Backstay and V 1s, 10mm Uppers, intermediates and lowers
- Dyneema Running Backstays (New 2019)
- Chainplates are being Pulled and Inspected and Replaced as Deemed Necessary (March-April 2019)
- Boom Vang, Hydraulic, Navtec
- 14-22ft Telescoping Whisker Pole
- 120% Genoa (Age unknown, Good Condition)
- Mainsail, North NZ (2002 - Fair Condition)
- Mainsail, Mack Sails (2015 -Very Good Condition)
- Staysail, Tasker (New April 2019)
- Laminated Genoa (Age unknown)
- Sheets and Jib/Staysail Furling Lines lead to Cockpit
- Barient Winches as follows:
- (2), 36, 3 Speed, Electric, Genoa Sheet with high and low Speed Foot Switches
- Winches 23, Halyard
- Winches 28, Barient, secondary Sheets
- Winches 23, Barient, Mainsheet, Outhaul, Staysail
- Bilge Pump, Electric, 12Volt DC, 8 GPM (Plus New Spare)
- Bilge Pump, Rule, Electric, 12 Volt DC, 2500-GPH (New float Switch 2019)
- Bilge Pump, Edson Manual under Galley Sole
- Bilge Pump, Beckson, Manual, 1.5 Inch Hose, Cockpit Sole
- Shower Sump Pump, PAR (2) with Automatic Stiches and one new Spare plus Spare Switch
- Autopilot, Raymarine 7000 at Helm plus remote Control Autohelm 7000 at NavStation- Hynautic Hydraulic Drive with Spare Ram, Spare Controller, Spare 3G Computer and Spare Rudder Feedback and Compass all Onboard
- Fire Protection, Engine Room, Fireboy 15CG
- Two current B1 ABC Fire Extinguishers in Main Cabin and Side Cabin, two B2 BC Units in Forward and Aft Cabins
- Smoke Alarm in Aft Cabin
- Yanmar 4JHDTE,3860 hrs on Meter (actual Hours unconfirmed) Excellent Condition and starts instantly.
- Racor filters: One 500 Model each or Generator and Main Engine: #500MA
- Engine and Drive Train Underwent a major servicing for anticipated long distance cruising in Jan. 2019
'Agape' was hauled out and in storage in a Lloyds approved cradle in Nanny Cay Marine in the British Virgin islands during hurricane Irma in 2017 and was doing well until a vessel behind her fell and hit her backstay, sending a shock wave which buckled the mast. Other than some damage to her stern pulpit and a few superficial scratches on the hull, she sustained no other significant damage from that event. No insurance claim was made as a result of the storm incident.
'Agape' was hauled out and in storage in a Lloyds approved cradle in Nanny Cay Marine in the British Virgin islands during hurricane Irma in 2017 and received minor damages. In December of 2018, a well-known cruiser and very experienced marine surveyor who is also an experienced yachtsman, undertook a four month, $100k+ refit which included not just replacing the mast with a factory original Hood in-mast furling spar and re-rigging the boat, but encompassed a complete renovation of the majority of her systems and an updating of the vessels' DC systems to contemporary standards which included a large solar array, all new batteries and a modern wireless monitoring system.
Also completed was a faring and some non-hurricane related renovations to her bottom as deemed appropriate and a major servicing of the drive train and engine and bow thruster undertaken, and the port side of the hull was touched up and clear coated, and so that the flag blue hull looks fabulous.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Additional Units Included
- 2014 AB Inflatables