This is no ordinary Farr 30 - she is 250kgs lighter, has an outboard engine (lighter, less drag), 2.2m bowsprit, 34% bigger spinnaker, plus numerous tuning/tweaking fixes that really work. Pegasus is a safe, delightful boat to sail, like a big dinghy with a total crew of 6. She now planes in less than 15kts TWS but can sail as deep as a symmetrical Farr 30 and faster. Same upwind except faster in very light conditions - e.g. 4.4kts in 4kts TWS! She is fantastically successful racing against good opposition in the Solent - in all conditions in HP30. In open IRC racing she’s especially good in very light (<6kts) and very windy (15-30kts). Over 2 seasons (2018/19) Pegasus won 75% of all races, plus numerous 2nd and 3rd places. The boat won its class (either IRC 2 or 3) several seasons in the Royal Southern Summer Series, and was on the podium in Hamble Big Boats and Winter Series. Pegasus also won its class at the Vice Admirals Cup and the HP30 Nationals. Wins in class at Cowes Week in 2016, 2018 and 2019. In 2017 the boat benefited from a £30,000 rebuild at the end of 2017 - removing everything except the keel and chainplates:
- the mast was completely rebuilt - new Antal halyard sheaves, spreaders fixed properly with custom stainless steel shims to stop them wearing the mast face (so they are very stiff and solid), all standing rigging is new, professionally repainted in black awl-grip
- new boom (powder coated in black)
- all running rigging (2:1 main halyard)
- bottom and foils professionally faired and refinished (foils in Durapox, bottom in Nautix A4) (N.B. Carbon infill on aft edge of keel)
- all balsa coring removed and replaced with solid glass/resin
- cockpit floor stiffened with custom grp “U” beam
- stanchions supported under deck by custom made cantilever beams - no movement
- jib tracks replaced with fully floating clew control
- jib tack replaced with floating adjuster - 32:1 lead back to cockpit
- all wiring simplified and replaced - now runs off 2 tiny lithium batteries - one for instruments, other for automatic bilge pumps
- inboard engine removed
- new 6hp outboard with custom, removable transom bracket and storage bracket under cockpit
- instruments upgraded, with 3x big displays at mast, 1m carbon wand vertical wind sensor, built in wifi for use with iPad
- 2.2m bowsprit
- custom string drop reeler system for spinnaker take down (reduced drop time from ~30s to <5s!)
- the boat is 250kgs lighter than standard, with no drag from propeller and 110sqm spinnaker she now planes in less than 15kts TWS but can sail as deep as a symmetrical Farr 30 and faster. Same upwind except faster in very light conditions - e.g. 4.4kts in 4kts TWS!
Regatta Sails (total cost ~ GBP30k) - all from One Sails: all in very good condition and just been serviced by One SailsThese are the sails that won Cowes Week in 2019 - barely used since and not at all in 2020.Upwind (all 40/4T material) - J1, J2, J3 and mainDownwind: A1.5, A2, A4, A5(f)Specifics:
- North J2 (3Di Carbon) - new for Cowes 2016 - still good and serviceable
- A1.5 - One Sails - new for Cowes 2017 - very good (just been serviced and recoated)
- J1 - One Sails - new for Cowes 2017 - very good (just been serviced and recoated) and shape analysed by One Sails - not used for rest of 2017 so effectively new for 2018 (designed to cope with 16kts TWS!)
- Main - ditto
- A4 - One Sails - new for 2018 - very good - used about 5 or 6 times
- A5(f) - ditto
- J3 - ditto
- J2 - One Sails - new for 2019 - only used for “big” events
- A2 - One Sails new in June 2019 - used twice!
- Training/delivery sails - Main and J2 (North 3Di, grey/carbon) serviceable but a bit “draft-aft”, J3 North (old kevlar panel sail but has had little use and serviceable, quite fast/flat)
The boat also comes with a road trailer with some storage boxes, good tyres, new tow hitch and brakes . Lots of old sails for training, delivery, etc. Numerous spares, accessories, etc. included in the sale.
Mehr Informationen anzeigen…
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.