|Länge über alles||12.79 m|
|Treibstoffstanks||68 Liter (Rostfreier Stahl)|
The GP42 was the attempt of International Sailing Federation and ORC to promote a new “box rule” for fast, pure racing boats in the TP52 style but smaller in dimensions and with more affordable budget.
Our GP42, originally built in 2006 as Roma, was the first ever built by Farr Design and Latini Boatyard in Rome.
In 2017, she was significantly updated to more modern specifications. The owner, with the support and guidance of Maurizio Cossutti, modified mast to allow the use of a square top main, and added a long carbon bowsprit to fit big masthead gennakers, instead of the original spinnakers on pole. Finally, there was a complete revision of weights distribution, moving ballast from bilge to keel to increase stability and therefore power, a reshaped keel fin to help upwind performances and an optimized sail-plan made this boat highly competitive again!
Rig Hall Spars - rule optimized carbon section with taper
Rig type Fractional
Spreaders 2 - sets of carbon fiber spreaders
Boom Carbon fiber
Deck Gear Harken - full complement of grand-prix deck hardware
Harken Grand-Prix winch package
- 2 - 50STRQ halyard winches
- 2 - 55TCR- Wide Body 3-Speed pedestal-driven primary winches
- 2 - 50.2STR mainsheet winches
- 2 - 50.2STR backstay winches
- Carbon composite belt-drive pedestal grinder
- Assorted winch handle
Spinlock - jammers & organizer
- 6 - Halyards with Tylaska T-8 shackles, tapered
- 1 - reefline: 10mm
- 2 - genoa sheets: 10mm with Equiplite shackles
- German type mainsheet system
- 1 - mainsheet: 10mm to suit
- 2 - spinnaker sheets, 8mm with Tylaska T-8 shackles, tapered
- 2 - spinnaker afterguys, 10mm, tapered
- 1 - tackline with T-12 Large Bail shackle
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.